The Learning Curve
101A Newton Road
Monday – Thursday:
4:00 – 5:20pm, 5:30 – 6:50pm, 7:00 – 8:20pm
Assessments by arrangement, usually after school on Friday, or Saturday mornings.
Since opening in June 2006 as a Kip McGrath Education Centre franchise, our centre has helped hundreds of children from the Mumbles, Sketty, Killay and Gower areas with their reading, spelling, writing and maths. We have gained a reputation in the Mumbles area for providing excellent tutoring in a friendly, fun environment. Not only do children gain increased skills but also more confidence.
On 24th August 2011 we ceased operating as a KMEC franchise, to become The Learning Curve, Mumbles.
The centre is owned and run by Steve and Sue Evans. Both are qualified teachers and highly experienced professionals. Steve spent most of his career teaching maths and science at secondary level, but also spent 12 years teaching in primary school. Sue has taught in a variety of primary schools, both at Key stage 1 and 2 serving many years as Deputy Head and acting Headteacher. Together they bring a formidable wealth of knowledge and teaching skill to the Learning Curve.
• We treat every child as an individual with unique potential and so tailor an individual learning programme for every student, enabling every child to progress at their own rate
• We believe that by employing appropriate and effective teaching methods we can help each child enjoy learning and reach their full potential
• Our tutors are enthusiastic, caring and experienced qualified teachers, all CRB checked
• Lessons are designed to be interesting, fun and with a wide variety of activity
• We listen to parents’ concerns and feed back regularly on progress
• We believe confidence builds success, and build confidence and self-esteem through encouragement, praise and rewards
• We use strategies to encourage independent learning, thus building confidence further
• We have created an attractive, well-resourced learning environment, free from distractions
The learning Curve is conveniently situated in the heart of Mumbles, opposite Oystermouth Primary School and above Home from Home.
“Thank you for helping me to get all 5’s in my report.” – Ellie, year 6
“Thank you so much. You are both great teachers.” – Lauren
“A great big THANK YOU! We are so grateful for all your efforts with Holly these past few years – it certainly has made a huge difference!” – Holly’s parents
“Chloe has really increased inconfidence in maths since coming to you. She loves to come and always comes out smiling.” – Chloe’s mum
© Copyright UK Tuition 2015-2019. Made by Fenn Press. All Rights Reserved.