English and maths tutoring for children aged 5-16
Since opening in September 2004 as a Kip McGrath Education Centre franchise, our centre has helped hundreds of children improve in their understanding and knowledge in these subjects. On 24th August 2011 we ceased operating as a KMEC franchise, to become Ace Tuition.
A free assessment is arranged for every student. The outcome is discussed and a teaching programme proposed. Progress is monitored closely each week and a re-assessment carried out after 3 – 4 months tuition. Parents can clearly see the progress being made.
The Centre offers tuition primarily in English and Maths but sessions in Science, Languages, Technology Business and ICT can also be arranged.
Lessons are 80 minutes in length which allows for a variety of teaching methods to be used including computer based work to motivate the student. Teaching takes place in within small groups (4 – 5 students).. Every student has their own teaching programme and receives individual tuition. Ace centres specialise in the teaching of ENGLISH, MATHS, READING AND SPELLING ensuring every student understands the basic concepts in both subjects.
The centres are managed by Iain McKenzie, a fully qualified teacher, is the centre director of Clacton and Colchester. He completed his training in the University of Wales and Bristol He has been Heads of Subjects and has a wealth of classroom experience.
Why choose Ace Tuition Centre?
- Students are treated with respect and understanding.
- Achievement is natural and fun.
- A carefully graded curriculum enables progress that is constant, monitored and accelerated.
- Students are initially engaged in activities in which they feel confident and then progress at their own pace never feeling overwhelmed.
- Ace Tuition centre offers facilities as an exam centre for Edexcel and special daytime sessions for home taught students.