Primary and secondary tutoring for children aged 6 – 16
Welcome to the Tuition Centre in Dereham. There has been an after school tuition centre, situated on Yaxham Road, since 2001. We provide tuition in English (Reading, Writing, Spelling and Comprehension), Mathematics and Science for children aged from 6-16 including SAT and GCSE courses. Business Studies and Geography GCSEs and A level Maths are also available for older students. Our reputation is such that over 50% of our new students are from referrals provided by happy parents.
The Centre occupies the entire first floor of the GTE building. It has a large, spacious waiting area where parents are welcome to wait. The study rooms are light, airy and well resourced. Every student has their own work area with enough space to complete both written work and computer activities. The maximum number of students in any one session is five, ensuring students are able to access individual attention whenever they need help, in addition to their one to one time with the tutor within the 80 minute session.
All tutors are qualified teachers with many years of experience in Norfolk schools. All staff have enhanced DBS clearance.
Why choose The Tuition Centre?
- We offer affordable and expert tuition in English, maths and Science with all materials provided.
- Each student has their own Programme of Study which they work through at their own pace developing confidence and understanding through personal success and achievement. No two children are identical and our study programmes are designed to reflect this.
- We offer a mixture of tutor time, computer programmes, audio activities, workbook and exam papers (for SAT and GCSE students) designed to accommodate all learning styles. A maximum of 5 students per session.
- We are flexible with a range of session times after school and on Saturday mornings.
- Adult tuition is available in English and Maths during the day, before our after school sessions.