Could your child be doing better at school?
Lilydale Tuition Centre is an independent, established tutoring business in the heart of Lilydale employing staff that have years of experience behind them. Our independence ensures we have the flexibility and adaptability to adjust to the ever changing education environment and your child’s needs.
We know what students need and what works to help them meet those needs. Our philosophy is that every child can improve and every child can be the best they can be. Our goal is to help your child do this by building their self-esteem; overcoming gaps in their learning and helping them catch up to where they should be academically at school. We willingly work with your child’s school teacher in order to do this.
We seek out and utilise the best resources available including, computer software and programmes and we employ the best possible tutors. We also keep abreast of what is happening in education.
What we do
Initially, we assess each child to gain a thorough understanding of their academic level, their own academic understanding and needs. Following consultation with the parents and student we determine the learning objectives and design an individually focused program to achieve them.
Generally, students attend one session per week for 80 minutes. A minimal amount of homework is given as it is crucial that students practice and reinforce their learning.
How we do
Where your child has difficulties, we identify the causes and work with them to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to address those problems.
- To do this, our tutors utilise the most up to date methods and materials available to assist your child’s learning.
- Each student is closely guided and monitored as they follow their own, individually designed program.
- Depending on the student’s individual needs and level, tutors may use a mix of resources including, text, computer programs and work sheets.
- A key element of our program is developing student motivation and confidence. Recognition of student achievements forms the basis of this, especially in the Primary School levels. It helps students appreciate that effort brings rewards and develops self-assurance in their own ability.
- The number of students in each child’s group can vary, but is limited to a maximum of 4 thus ensuring each student gets all the attention and assistance they need.
- Homework forms another key part of the program, but is not excessive. It provides the student with practice and reinforcement of recent learning and feedback to the tutor of the students understanding.
- Homework is corrected weekly, providing the student with confirmation of their developing understanding and the teacher with feedback on areas that need further teaching.